Sunday 5 April 2009

I am the Door

I took this photo down a side street in Braidwood last weekend.

I am not the door, though last night I was the door whore at The Palais, where a couple of Melbourne bands played, including the fabulous Tinpan Orange. 

When I wasn't charming the patrons, selling tickets or crossing names off the guest list, I journalled, knitted, listened to the music, sipped champagne, felt thankful that smoking is no longer allowed inside music venues, sold CDs and thought romantic thoughts about my man in our cosy home putting the finishing touches on an essay due this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo, Meg, this reminds me of a door from Hermann Hesse, like one from..Siddhartha (sp?).

I like how you do a very concise piece of writing, but every day, it's very reassuring!

T